I pray for a miracle for Jade: Shilpa

Wednesday, February 18, 2009


It’s ironic that Jade Goody, who earned worldwide notoriety for being rude and racist towards our Shilpa Shetty when they were competitors on the Jade Goody and Shilpa Shetty More PicsUK reality show Celebrity Big Brother, should invite the Bollywood actress for the last two reality shows she will ever be involved in. These are Jade’s wedding this Sunday in London reportedly at Sir Elton John’s home; and, her funeral! Yes, Jade has little time left. The cervical cancer that she discovered when in Mumbai to participate in the Bigg Boss show, has spread and almost consumed the young woman’s life. In the few days that she has, Jade intends to get married and then orchestrate the rites of her own funeral. It sounds macabre, true, but she’s doing it to raise enough money for the future welfare of her sons Bobbie (5) and Freddie (4). Shilpa, whose own life changed after that incident, is in a way beholden to Jade. Not only did she go on to win global sympathy (and the show) for Jade’s taunts, but Shilpa’s career in Bollywood too picked up; and, the icing on the cake, she met the love of her life — Raj Kundra, whom she intends to marry, because of Jade and the Celebrity Big Brother show. Now all of Shilpa’s finer emotions have come to the fore. She has no ill-feelings, no malice, towards Jade. Only heartfelt sympathy. Shilpa told BT yesterday, “I knew she was suffering from a terminally ill disease but I thought she’ll be cured. When I learned that she’s got just a couple of months to live, I was shocked. I just hope a miracle takes place... at least for her children’s sake.” Jade did try to make amends with the Bollywood hottie when she travelled to Mumbai last year. Shilpa, who hosted the Indian version of the popular UK reality show, and who is shaken by the news of her former foe’s terminal illness, said, “I have forgiven and forgotten all that and have asked everyone else to do the same. We kept in touch and called each other up some time. We were just getting to know each other and this happened! Nobody deserves to go through this pain. Nobody...” Sadly, Shilpa is busy with the IPL when this crisis has taken over Jade’s life, but she intends meeting Jade in London where she will be shooting for Sunny Deol’s The Man soon. “When I spoke to her on Sunday, she sounded strong and invited me for her marriage to her 21-year-old fiancé Jack Tweed,” said Shilpa. “I don’t know if I will be able to attend that but I am meeting her for sure.” Jade is apparently selling the media rights of her wedding to a television channel to create funds for her two sons after her death. “After our chit-chat, she casually invited me for her funeral saying that I’ll be informed through Max Clifford, our common publicist. It’s so heart wrenching,” added Shilpa. “Imagine accepting the fact of death with a smile. I want to reach out to her but I feel so helpless knowing that all my efforts will be in vain. I have been praying for her and her kids.”

0 comments: